HW: RFH

Wright, Mike wrightm at BRE.CO.UK
Thu Oct 11 09:41:10 EDT 2001

I sort of agree with Alastair. Alex and I were sitting in row L at the left
hand side, just under the balcony. We had pretty terrible sound all night.
Barely heard any guitar, vocals from the bottom of a bucket, quiet drums,
muffled everything, with occassionally bits of something coming through. It
was a shame cos it looked as if they were enjoying themselves on stage.

My few song titles I can remember (in no particular order) are

Lighthouse, Moonglum, Levitation, Spiral Galaxy 28948 (bits of violin heard
here), The Watcher (poor vocals I thought), Angels of Death, New Jerusalem,
Motorway City, Hurry on Sundown, Assassins of Allah.
The 2 poems that Mike M did vocals for were Sonic Attack and Damned by the
Curse of Man
encore A+B, Golden Void

Disappointment with the strong line up of musicians Dave, Ali, Tim, Keith,
Richard, Huw, Simon & Jez (arguably the most skillful musicians that have
graced the HW lineup) who were having fun and all I could hear was mush.
Also a bit worried that there appeared to be no new songs. Due to not having
Jerry R or Ron the songs chosen were quite laid back, not as punky. No punky
silver machine or Alchemy. Also after hearing the raves about Canterbury I
was sad that this one didn't work for me.

The lighting was good, with worthwhile projections on the big back screen,
oil lamps and whirling coloured flowers/suns/brains/etc. RFH chairs are
tiny, and I had to stand for a while, to keep circulation below the knee.
Was there anything good on the merchandise stall?

Anyone else with other memories?

Big Mike

Privileged and confidential information and/or copyright material may be
contained in this e-mail.  The information and material is intended for the
use of the intended addressee only.  If you are not the intended addressee
you may not copy or deliver it to anyone else or use it in any unauthorised
manner. To do so is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you receive this
e-mail by mistake, please advise the sender immediately by return e-mail and
destroy all copies. Thank you.