OFF: Mail sorting with Outlook

Sat Oct 13 13:12:56 EDT 2001

On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 06:18:07PM -0400, Jerry Guizar wrote:
> From: "Paul Mather" <paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU>
>
> > => <unix geek humor>
> > => hey....and what's wrong with pine?  I know...I can go back to using
> mail!
> > => or change mail.local to cat output directly to /dev/null!  save the
> > => middleman.
> >
> > Laugh all you like, but I have read my e-mail on occasion using "more
> > /usr/spool/mail/paul".  (Normally, I'm more sensible and use Pine.)
>
>    I vote for less :)

        I'm a Pine user. OK, this is being sent with Mutt but only because
my syadmin objects to Pine in its last free version. Once I learn regular
expressions I might even use Mutt exclusively but until then Pine is the
mailer which protects me from virus foolishness. And of course Mutt won't
reda HTML mail... but most people are polite enough not to send it
:-) Yours,
           Jon

--
Jonathan Jarrett, part-time bookseller's assistant & medieval historian
Pembroke Cambridge   "I flatter myself that we are almost the only people