OFF/HW: double bass...who's on first? what's on second?

Moonglum . sjyoules at VISTO.COM
Sun Oct 14 12:22:26 EDT 2001

On Sun, 14 Oct 2001 04:31:44 +0100, root <chris at HAWKLORD.UKLINUX.NET> wrote:

>Its the notes between the notes you can get in eastern music that are
>impossible in western.
>
>Chris
It's been said before, by whom I know not, that one aspect of Hawkwind is
an attempt to produce the narrow tonal intervals of eastern (arabic?) music
in a western style.  If I recall the thesis correctly, this is best seen in
the 3-chord run that Dave Brock uses a lot.  The one that forms the basis
of Magnu, Levitation, and Robot....