HW: RFH...a short review

Colin J Allen colin at CALLEN18.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Sat Oct 20 18:17:44 EDT 2001

I think it was played on the Autumn 1984 tour.

COLIN

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mick Crook" <m.j.crook at TALK21.COM>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2001 11:55 PM
Subject: Re: HW: RFH...a short review

> Bernhard wrote:
> >All in all a very good gig. Not as good as CANTERBURY (one of the best
gigs
> >I have ever heard from HAWKWIND) but I like it
> >
> >Lets wait what the November tour will bring.
> >I hope it will be:
> >
> >- A couple of new songs
> >- Each gig WITHOUT Hassan I Sahba
> >- DAMNATION ALLEY back in the set..... PLEEEEEEASE Dave!!!!
> >
> >Any other comments ?
>
> >cheers
> >Bernhard
>
> Thanks for the review Bernhard, I couldn't make RFH gig, but I enjoyed
Canterbury. 'Solitary Mindgames' isn't a song I've ever really liked, but
the version at Canterbury with the new section added (loads of brilliant
violin from Simon)made it a highlight for me. As for a couple of new songs,
well my sugesstion is for a song which is absolutley crying out to be played
live, and (I'm sure you will correct me if I'm wrong Bernhard!) I don't
think it ever has....