Off: MQB

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Mon Oct 22 20:06:40 EDT 2001

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, ANDREW GARIBALDI wrote:

=> whoooaaaaahhhhh..............hang on there.
=> I don't actually know but I spoke with Hardy of MQB before the tour and I
=> know that they planned to record the dates and release something from it.
=> While my personal views on tape trading/CD trading, etc, are not for here,
=> professionally, I personally feel that this is not the right thing to do
=> here and now, unless you have info to the contrary - I know if it was Dead
=> Earnest and Spacehead, I would be none too happy unless I'd been consulted
=> first, so how about hanging on and waiting to see what the musicians
=> think???

When I looked on the MQB WWW site, they had some of their old albums for
download in their entirety.  So, it's not out of the realms of
possibility that they would be okay about trading their live shows.

=> Opinions, anyone......sometimes we can be too quick to be fans without
=> realising there are musicians lives to consider....money to be
=> earned.........respect to be respected.

...profiles to be raised (by spreading live shows).

=> I'm not saying don't do it, I'm saying don't do it just yet.......at least.

I'm sure that goes double from you for the tapes of the RFH and Nikestra
gig recordings that were offered on here recently?

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa