HW: Metal shield

Tom Clark tclark at PETRONET.NET
Wed Oct 24 21:00:52 EDT 2001

That was to my contribution to the 80's drivel thread - The Thompson Twins,
who I always considered to be putrid.....along with all others mentioned
here previously.  ZZ Top were OK until their "Give me all your lovin" LP,
whatever the name of it was, then went downhill from there, IMO.....think
MTV had anything to do with it all?

----- Original Message -----
From: "K Henderson" <henderson.120 at OSU.EDU>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2001 6:19 PM
Subject: Re: HW: Metal shield

>I just ordered it from their web site...sounded like something to
have...How
>large is this thing anyway,

Big.  Heavy.

>and what does it look like...

See Doremi.

>Their web site also lists this @ £29.49 (plus £1 postage!).

If they're gonna send it to Louisiana (?) from the UK for one quid, you're
getting a good deal!!  Probably cost them a full tenner (or more) in
airfreight.

Grakkl (FAA), who doesn't have one, 'cause I already have two copies of
Undisclosed Files, with slightly different booklets/tray cards, and don't
really need a third, big heavy metal thing or no, and who has never heard of
Matt Bianco or Basia, and thought Blancmange was a meringue-like dessert
treat that managed to defeat Angus Podgorny for the Wimbledon title in c.
1970, and finally who thinks that the Thompson Twins' performance of 'Hold
Me Now' on a classic episode of Saturday Night Live was the single most
embarrassingly putrid live music display one could ever imagine, but who
also remembers a shockingly pathetic and utterly confused ZZ Top performance
on one of those "Fill-in-the-blank-Aid" live simulcast TV broadcasts from
various parts of the world that were so popular (and appropriately so) in
that horrific decade we've been discussing and what is a favourite target of
mine to perpetually rail against.