HW: Metal shield

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Wed Oct 24 19:19:24 EDT 2001

>I just ordered it from their web site...sounded like something to have...How
>large is this thing anyway,

Big.  Heavy.

>and what does it look like...

See Doremi.

>Their web site also lists this @ £29.49 (plus £1 postage!).

If they're gonna send it to Louisiana (?) from the UK for one quid, you're
getting a good deal!!  Probably cost them a full tenner (or more) in airfreight.

Grakkl (FAA), who doesn't have one, 'cause I already have two copies of
Undisclosed Files, with slightly different booklets/tray cards, and don't
really need a third, big heavy metal thing or no, and who has never heard of
Matt Bianco or Basia, and thought Blancmange was a meringue-like dessert
treat that managed to defeat Angus Podgorny for the Wimbledon title in c.
1970, and finally who thinks that the Thompson Twins' performance of 'Hold
Me Now' on a classic episode of Saturday Night Live was the single most
embarrassingly putrid live music display one could ever imagine, but who
also remembers a shockingly pathetic and utterly confused ZZ Top performance
on one of those "Fill-in-the-blank-Aid" live simulcast TV broadcasts from
various parts of the world that were so popular (and appropriately so) in
that horrific decade we've been discussing and what is a favourite target of
mine to perpetually rail against.