OFF: RE: HW: Mission Control: New Orders

Guido N. Vacano nycademon at HOME.COM
Sun Oct 28 22:22:10 EST 2001

>Hmmmm.... it seems in your haste to criticize, you didn't actually bother
>read the content of the mail....

Hmmmm. . . . Perhaps I DID read your email, clicked the link with high
expectations of viewing a great site, and then was blown away by all the
ghosts on the screen. Kewl.

>Oh ya, thanx 4 the book ref but there are also *far* better books on
>webdesign that I use when lecturing on the subject to great effect.

Your lectures must really be something. Let's see. "Class, for maximum
effect, use lots of pointless JavaScript (you know, the kind that doesn't
really serve any useful function), use purple and yellow text on a starry
background, "beam" the text in a la Star Trek Transporter. Make sure your
site's "live" while you're implementing "better navigation" so that people
can get completely lost and will have to make extensive use of the handy
dandy "back" button to get back to (one of two) "home" pages, and most
importantly, protect your kewl code with a cute javascript that gives you an
"Authorized Hawkwind Personnel Access Only!" popup when someone right clicks
on the page to view the code.

I have no idea what the following means:

>The click disable was simply put there to force people to use the page's
own
>navigation, and yes, ssi's would be a better way to do stuff, and you'll
>notice that as hawkwind.info develops, we are already beginning to do just
>that.

People navigate via right click (which was what I was talking about)? Hmmmm?

>However, the existing site is, and has always been, a "javafest" by
>intention to fit an exacting brief.

Exacting brief? Can't remember the last time I heard anyone say that. What
the heck do you mean?

Hmmmm. . . . Well, you know what they say. Something to the effect of "Those
who can do. Those who can't teach" --Henry Louis Mencken.

Guido

P.S. My apologies to the list, this is my last post to the list on the
subject.