HW: Father and son

Sun Sep 9 13:46:37 EDT 2001

On Wed, 30 May 2001, Denis Regenbrecht wrote:

> >FWIW my favorite Hawkwind drummer between Simon King and Richard Chadwick
> >(this might be a good "poll" question since there's about 18 different
> >possibilities!) is Clive Deamer (he SMOKES on the 4/26/85 ECT set, and
> >effortlessly blows away Danny Thompson on 'Undisclosed Files').
>
> I second that, he's very good. Anyone knows why he got sacked/left the band?
> BTW, a weird coincidence IMO is, that both Portishead (where Clive Deamer
> plays nowadays) and Hawkwind have songs that are very similar/derived
> to/from Gustav Holst's "Mars, bringer of War" of his Planets Suite.

        Okay, it may just be that I always have something else on when I
come to consider this question but I can't work out which HW song you
mean. I know the Holst well enough, maybe too well and I can't bend it
sufficiently? Which do you mean? Yours,
                                        Jon (who really must pick up
_Undisclosed Files_ when he has money again)

       Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)     jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk