OFF: superskull 666 comments.. Time to remove him !!!!!

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Aug 1 16:08:30 EDT 2002

Ian's comments below are the most intelligent in this thread so far
(although a couple other messages have been almost as amusing as
Christian's originals) ... if you don't like what's being said, don't read
his messages!  There are certainly already people on this list that *I* do
that for.

And in the absence of Jon Jarrett and Keith Henderson, Christian is
certainly posting the most *interesting* messages on the list at the moment
(whether or not you "agree" with them).

As I see it, people are whining for two primary reasons:
1) the "Hawkwind ripoff" troll.  Since plenty of people have complained
about Voiceprint, OzIT, Nik, Dave Anderson, and others "ripping off" the
fans, that obviously isn't sufficient grounds for banning someone (however,
I *do* wish Christian would explain himself since I have no idea what he's
talking about, although I know many people [NOT ME!] have been unhappy
with, say, 'Glastonbury 90').
2) referring to Adam Strider as a "jew".  Can someone explain the
difference between that, and me referring to Christian as a "norwegian".
Both are undeniably true statements.  (Having said that, I'll have to point
out that Adam is one of the nicest folk I've ever met, and his 'zine was/is
one of the best I've ever read, with excellent coverage of neo-psych,
experimental, and even bits of free jazz and indierock, along with the
usual spacerock ... I have no idea what Christian's problem with him - or
vice versa - is.)

Certainly some of the replies to Christian's messages have been far more
offensive and insulting than his original ones, but I'm not calling for a
ban of any of *those* people.  After all, *he* hasn't referred to anyone
as "excrement" or "imbecilic".

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com