OFF: superskull 666 comments.. Time to remove him !!!!!

Richard Lockwood rich at BEERPOWEREDNOISEFRENZY.CO.UK
Thu Aug 1 17:16:17 EDT 2002

OK - here goes:.

Both statements are (I assume) true, rather than just statements used as
insults.

Unfortunately, over the years, the Jewish nation/religion/however you want
to descibe jewish people have been portrayed as Shylock.  There is also the
fantastically obvious "Protocols of The Elders Of Zion" fake, which right
wing groups have used as "truth" for many years.

The jewish people have been persecuted over many centuries, and "jew" has
become a perjorative term.  I don't believe "Norwegian" ever has.

Persecution of anyone is wrong - allow me to elaborate.

Why should someone's background, by way of religion or nationality, be a
cause for abuse?  I don't give a flying fuck whether Adam is Jewish,
American, Welsh, French, or hairy arsed Martian.

The fact remains, hatred is not acceptable in any circumstance - this is
2002 for God's sake (whoever your God may be).  There is no place for this
kind of attitude in this day and age, particularly in a forum which is meant
for music discussion.

Having read the comments leading to this response, my wife opines that in 50
years time - the people holding these views will have some uncomfortable
home truths to face.  'Convenient' racism will come home to roost when the
holders of these views have 'a jew' or a 'Norwegian' or anyone outside of
their own religion/culture marry into their family.

The whole philosophy is summarised with the typically British phrase (and my
apologies to our American friends, who may need this translating)  "We'd
none of us win Crufts"!!

Cheers

Rich.
(and Gill!)