HW: Voiceprint, and How do you like your Hawkwind sir?

Mon Aug 19 15:01:05 EDT 2002

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Nick Medford wrote:

> In message <200208140051.UAA03366 at listserv.spc.edu>, Doug
> Pearson <jasret at MINDSPRING.COM> writes
> > Jonathan Jarrett
> ><jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:
> >>        EBS didn't actually issue anything after that, so you could say
> >>they never got the chance. _Distant Horizons_ wasn't ready but it
> >>doesn't sound bad, it just sounds unfinished to me.
> >
> >Yes, either a rough mix, or a non-mastered final mix.
>
> Hmmm.... I always suspected it was further from being a finished
> product than that. "Clouded Vision" sounds like it was still awaiting the
> rest of the band's input, especially if you've heard it live, when it has,
> like, drums and everything.  And "Love In Space" was awaiting vocals I
> would think- although that one's fine by me as I much prefer it as an
> instrumental. Granted there are other tracks which sound more complete,
> but I still wish it were possible to hear it as the band intended- I think it
> would be an excellent album.

        When I first heard it I assumed it had some pieces which were band
work and some which were Brock by himself. I did think that was a bit
worrying but it didn't occur to me that it wasn't finished. I'm still not
sure, given how _In Your Area_ and _Spacebrock_ have also been constructed
in that split way (albeit the latter entirely Brock stuff), that that
isn't one of the finished tracks. I suppose only Mr Brock himself could
tell us. Ah well, yours,
                         Jon

--
"I recognise that I have transgressed many of the precepts of the divine
law, and that I am subjected by various vices and iniquities, disobedient

             (Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College London)