HW: Mission Control Website

Alisa coral at APORT.RU
Tue Aug 27 18:42:26 EDT 2002

> But I think Niks idea of Hawkwind style playing is to do blanga,  chant
> very hard to hear repetative lyric that mutates in your head and blast
> weird improvised sax over equally repetative bass patterns with some
> fiddly synth stuff floating in and out - well thats blanga in'it?

For me in original Space Ritual era recordings it was Brock's guitar,
Lemmy's bass and powerful King's drumming and synths. Nik's flute was ok,
but his sax was rather embarassing sometimes especially when he played while
Brock was singing.
I still don't understand what is blanga? Unrehearsed sound? If about chants
and repetative stuff - HW did it with or without Nik, depending on material.
Nik's voice is also very embarrassing for me. And Brock is still great
singer in his 60's!

I would like to hear Fantastic All Stars but don't know where.

Alisa