HW: Mission Control Website

Rik Rx hw at CY-B.ORG
Wed Aug 28 18:14:32 EDT 2002

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 21:26:11 +0000, nycademon at ATTBI.COM wrote:

>Rik Rx sez--
>
>> Hi Dave you make a few good points, however your notes are based on
EXISTING
>> pages, not the yet to be unleashed site....
>
>Not surprising, since we haven't seen the new site.

Well I was Correct then

>Hell no! I sure wouldn't! But then, I doubt you're all that concerned about
these people anyway, since you're bloating their download with ridiculous
applet script in the first place.

Not a Java Fan Then?

>Well, if it isn't worth downloading the Java engine, is it worth including
the scripts on your site?

Well a lot of people like them; not everyone thinks like you - we try to
cater for ALL tastes not the minority, however vocal

>I've seen your "business" site, and I don't think any of your (genuine?)
commercial sites (which appear, for the most part, to be as unfinished as
the new "Mission Control") are significantly different. Let's face it,
you're into ugly graphics, clashing colors, proprietary tags, and gee whiz
freebie javascripts.

You have seen my "business site" ? really? which ones of the 300+ sites we
have online at present?

>There are scads of "rich visual" sites on the web, which do not have cheesy
animated gifs and "effects" that can be seen on one browser, but not
another. Maybe Dave Brock (or whoever is overseeing your "efforts") should
deep six the brief.

What is a scad? and "deep six"?? whoa there......

>> The fades are trikky - some like, some don't - and it's not JavaScript as
>> someone claimed, but a IE only METAtag transition. Maybe we should have a
>> democratic referenum ?
>
>Interesting to see you cite browser issues and rag on Microsoft while
employing their proprietary tags. It speaks volumes for your approach to web
design.

the tags work in all v3+ versions of IE
If you bothered to read my note you'll notice we employ browser specific
redirects

I seem to remember having this conversation with you before - you missed the
whole point that time too :-}