BOC/OFF: the rock and roll hall of fame

Brad Dahl dahl at AROS.NET
Mon Dec 2 11:13:04 EST 2002

That whole place makes my blood boil.  Yeah, there are some really cool
things in there, but the whole "deciding who gets inducted" makes current
radio airplay look "cutting edge".

There needs to be a better determination of what qualifies someone to be
inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.  Is is longevity, quantity,
quality (and who decides what is quality?), songwriting, performance ability
or how influencial they were on the music scene?  Some of the inductees meet
none of these criteria.

Hell, by looking at some of the inductees, they can't even decide what Rock
n Roll is.

For me, the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame is my CD collection.

Freakin' Cleveland posers.

Brad

Make me King and I'll fix everything