Official Post From Hawkwind.

Mike Montfort mikemont at NYCAP.RR.COM
Wed Dec 11 21:27:53 EST 2002

Michael

Honestly no I don't think that there is a very good reason.

Dave has shown a recent tendency to lash out at anyone he perceives to be
infringing on his trademark.

He has always considered audience recordings evil.

Now he has made it policy.

I seriously don't expect some big announcement that all these shows will be
now released or any such rot.

Hawkwind management has shown time and time again an inability to get its
act together.. I don't expect this to change.

Do I sound bitter? You bet!

I own every release in at least one media version like so many of you.

For Dave to say I can't see him live in the US because of past problems
with Immigration, and then say I can't hear a recording of a show I could
never afford to see.. well that is just petty.  I will never go to the UK
to see Hawkwind.  I have a family and a home with children in it.  Visiting
the UK for a concert would be extreme to say the least.

So all you lucky brits enjoy your band.

Sorry it is the way I feel.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick
society.

-- Krishnamurti