Official Post From Hawkwind

Bob Lennon Hawkwinder at AOL.COM
Wed Dec 11 22:11:27 EST 2002

It's been happening for years because of the lack of quality audience tapes.
Who out there wouldn't mind hearing a better sounding Yuri Gagarin, which I
believe is the main complaint about that, quality (well it's mine)
It is evil for folks to exploit bands and release crap and make money for it.

wouldn't it be better if all the poor slobs that were "just introduced" to
Hawkwind over the years actually found good recordings in the shops. Almost
everywhere I go, just about the only Hawkwind cd's I see are the re-packaged
crap we're always complaining about. At least around here. Very few official
releases are ever seen by many on the lists, unless you count the anthologies
and countless re-issues of Friends and relations.
Once again, the band is allowed to state whatever policy they want.
I, like others on these lists see no good coming out of all the negative
statements and bickering we are all witnessing.
I see pissed off die-hard fans. Is the Hawkwind fan base growing at such a
blinding rate that they can afford this?
bob