Official Post From Hawkwind

Bob Lennon Hawkwinder at AOL.COM
Thu Dec 12 11:49:06 EST 2002

Nick, Nick,
yes, you made my point. That gig was in the 70's. If someone was allowed to
tape properly we wouldn't have that. We would have a properly recorded show,
possibly good enough to release officially like the 1999 Party or the 1976
show was recently.
Would you have prefered that the only recordings of those two shows were on
the same level as the Yuri tapes?
exactly, everyone is shaking their heads in a NO gesture.

and would I buy them if they were inferior quality...YES...of course.

Once again the band has a right to promote any policies they want, will it
stop the tapers....come on everyone - shake your heads....NO
will the quality of these recordings be good.....don't know.
what will surface as this year's bootleg, we'll see.

The NEo Quark people (as with many tape trading group) has the right idea,
get the good stuff into the hands of the fans, and they'll be less likely to
buy inferior bootleg cd's. Works for me.

remember, a tape of a show is not a bootleg, it is just a tape. what someone
does with it after they leave is where we get into problems. Is the tape
intended for commercial distribution or freely shared with other fans.

whatever the case I hope these decisions help the band not hurt. even though
it is the fans that pay artists salaries, the music still belongs to the
artists.
bob