Official Post From Hawkwind

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Dec 12 11:32:16 EST 2002

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:05:17 EST, Bob Lennon <Hawkwinder at AOL.COM> wrote:

>Not fanciful at all, I believe the part of my post snipped out said
wouldn't
>it be nice to have a clean recording of that gig?
>If taping was allowed, the chances of that happening would be seriously
>increased.

How? That gig was in 1973! Whatever decision HW take now isn't going to
affect it. Unless a better quality bootleg recording of the gig was to
mysteriously surface after all these years, which has to be vanishing
unlikely. Even if that did happen, diehard collectors and the naive would
still be buying the Yuri albums, just as they are now, I would've thought.

But, OK, if there was a similar situation with, say, one of the gigs on the
current tour, where a bootlegger was releasing a poor-quality recording,
then you might be right. But it seems that HW are trying to avert exactly
that kind of situation. How successful such a policy can be is a different
matter I guess. Maybe it *can* end up having the opposite effect... we'll
see. I still hope that this is leading up to some sort of arrangement where
the band themselves manage the distribution of these recordings.

Nick

Nick