Official Post From Hawkwind

Bob Lennon Hawkwinder at AOL.COM
Thu Dec 12 10:05:17 EST 2002

In a message dated 12/11/2002 11:24:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK writes:

> In message <bc.30b12548.2b29585f at aol.com>, Bob Lennon
> <Hawkwinder at AOL.COM> writes
> >It's been happening for years because of the lack of quality audience
> tapes.
>
> I have to admit I don't follow this argument at all. You're suggesting that
> Dave Anderson wouldn't be releasing all those crap albums if the fans
> were trading more live tapes? Isn't that a little fanciful?

Not fanciful at all, I believe the part of my post snipped out said wouldn't
it be nice to have a clean recording of that gig?
If taping was allowed, the chances of that happening would be seriously
increased.
of course the down side, the band is still (we are told) not authorizing it.
the bottom line in all this discussion, what quality tapes are there going to
be?
there will always be bootlegs, and there will always be audience tapes by
fans.
take your pick.
bob