HW: War of the Worlds postponed ?

Neil Shilladay neil.shilladay at MICROLISE.COM
Tue Dec 17 06:36:59 EST 2002

I was reading about next year's War of the Worlds gig on the net last night
(via a link from MC).
Is it true that the whole gig has been postponed ? The reason seemed
something to do with mechanical difficulties with the 50' tripods (!)
Apologies for lack of links, but I have no net access at work, which is
where I'm posting this from.

Can anyone confirm this, or have a clue when the gig might actually take
place (the article seemed to say 'next year' so I don't know if this means
2003 or 2004)

As someone who grew up with both the book and Jeff Wayne's musical version,
I would *really* like to see this happen.

Cheers
Neil.