HW: War of the Worlds postponed ?

Dave Bottomley merlinas at DIRCON.CO.UK
Tue Dec 17 07:05:16 EST 2002

Neil wrote:

>I was reading about next year's War of the Worlds gig on the net last night
>(via a link from MC).
>Is it true that the whole gig has been postponed ? The reason seemed
>something to do with mechanical difficulties with the 50' tripods (!)
>Can anyone confirm this, or have a clue when the gig might actually take
>place (the article seemed to say 'next year' so I don't know if this means
>2003 or 2004)

This gig was originally due to take place in August 2002 - it's this date
that's being referred to as "postponed due to tripod difficulties". The May
3rd 2003 date is the rescheduled date (one of 8 dates throughout 2003 now,
though HW are only playing the May 3 show as far as I know).

BTW, the link is http://www.waroftheworlds.info/wotw.html

Dave