HW: Angels/Magnu on Weird 1

Jill Strobridge jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Fri Feb 15 18:35:58 EST 2002

Ah - yet another reason (as if there aren't already enough) why the
Codex needs to be updated!   I'll enclose (at the end of this message)
the entries for tracks on the Wierd 101 tape which I hope will answer
some questions.   However it's interesting that you say Magnu and Angels
of Light are different on the Wierd 1 CD from the Acid Daze versions.
That definitely needs checking.     Sometimes, though, cleaning up the
sound brings out instruments you didn't realise were there previously -
its just an improved quality rather than anything new.
Just a thought
jill
Jill Strobridge <jill at theta-orionis.freeserve.co.uk>

Over the Top
   L  1     Weird 101 - Sonic Assasins/ Dave Brock
   L  1     Sonic Assassins  12" EP
   L  1     Independent Days, Vol. I
   L  1     Victoria double album
   L  1     Mighty Hawkwind Classics 1980-1985
   L  1     The Hawklords Live
   L  1     Best of Hawkwind Friends & Relations CD [Anagram]
   L  1     Independent Days Volumes 1&2 CD
   L  1     Golden Void 1969 -79 CD

        *   This also includes The Awakening

  Magnu
      1     Warrior On The Edge Of Time
      1     25 Years On [Griffin 4-CD Set]
      1     Epoch Eclipse 30 Year Anthology
   L  2     Weird 101 - Sonic Assasins/ Dave Brock
   L  2     British Tribal Music
   L  2     The Hawkwind Anthology Vol. II
   L  2     The Hawkwind Anthology 1967-1982 [Castle 2CD]
   L  2     Acid Daze Vol. II
   L  2     Castle Masters Collection
   L  2     Night Riding                               {unlisted}
   L  2     Masters of the Universe [Marble Arch]      {unlisted}
   L  2     Spirit of the Age [Elite compilation]      {unlisted}
   L  2     The Hawkwind Collection                    {unlisted}
   L  2     Ironstrike                                 {unlisted}
   L  2    Best of Hawkwind                           {unlisted}
   L  2   Live & Rare (Onward Flies The Bird)
   L  2   Master of the Universe          [Pulse CD] {unlisted}
   L  2     Silver Machine Live 12" EP
   L  2     Silver Machine CD [Hallmark compilation]
   L  2     Live Chronicles  [Castle 2CD bonus compilation disc]
   L  2     Master of the Universe [Laserlight compilation CD]
{unlisted}
   L  2 a   Silver Machine/Magnu 7"
   L  2 a   Silver Machine/Magnu 7" motorbike shaped pic disk
   L  3     Hawkwind at Glastonbury 1981 [Cassette]
   L  4     The Golden Void
   L  4 a   Live 1982
   L  5     Orgasmatron
   L  6     Live Chronicles
   L  7     Live At Reading '86

        *   Magnu is not listed on the tracklist of some albums but
appears
            as part of the Magnu/Angels of Death live version.
        *   2a is a faded cut of 2
        *   This track appears both on Live Chronicles and on the Bonus
            compilation CD which accompanied the Castle release

  Angels Of Death
   L  1     Weird 101 - Sonic Assasins/ Dave Brock    {Angels of Life}
   L  1     British Tribal Music
   L  1     The Hawkwind Anthology Vol. II
   L  1     The Hawkwind Anthology 1967-1982 [Castle 2CD]
   L  1     Acid Daze Vol. II
   L  1     The Hawkwind Collection
   L  1     Ironstrike
   L  1     Masters of The Universe [Marble Arch Rock CD]
   L  1     Night Riding
   L  1     Silver Machine Live 12" EP
   L  1     Spirit of The Age ["Elite" compilation CD]
   L  1   Best of Hawkwind
   L  1     Space Is Deep
   L  1   Master of the Universe [Pulse CD]
   L  1     Silver Machine CD [Hallmark compilation]
   L  1     Master of the Universe [Laserlight compilation CD]
   L  2     This is Hawkwind - Do Not Panic
   L  2     Independent Days, Vol. II
   L  2     Independent Days Volumes 1&2 CD
   L  2   Live & Rare (Onward Flies The Bird)
   L  2     The Stonehenge Collection
   L  3     Hawkwind at Glastonbury 1981 [Cassette]
      4     Sonic Attack
      4     Angels of Death
      4     25 Years On [Griffin 4-CD Set]
      4     Epoch Eclipse 30 Year Anthology
      4 a   Angels of Death/ Trans Dimensional Man 7"
      4 a   Epoch Eclipse: The Ultimate Best of
   L  5     The Golden Void
   L  5 a   Live 1982
   L  6     Orgasmatron
   L  7     Live Chronicles
   L  7     Hawkwind Anthology triple CD box set [Castle Communications]
   L  8     Live At Reading '86
   L  9     Undisclosed Files
   L  9     The Emergency Broadcast System Samples
   L 10     Glastonbury 90

        *   4a is a cut of 4
        *   5a is from the same tour as 5

  Free Fall
   L  1     Weird 101 - Sonic Assasins/ Dave Brock
   L  1     Sonic Assassins  12" EP
   L  1     Victoria double album
   L  1     Mighty Hawkwind Classics 1980-1985
   L  1     Golden Void 1969 -79 CD
      2     Hawklords
   L  3     Weird 104 - Hawklords/Hawkwind Live 1978

Death Trap
   L  1     Weird 101 - Sonic Assasins/ Dave Brock
   L  1     Sonic Assassins  12" EP
   L  1     Victoria double album
   L  1     Mighty Hawkwind Classics 1980-1985
   L  1     Golden Void 1969 -79 CD
      2     PXR5
      2     Psi Power/ Deathtrap 7"
      2     Epoch Eclipse 30 Year Anthology
   L  3     Weird 104 - Hawklords/Hawkwind Live 1978
   L  3 a   The Hawklords Live
   L  4     This is Hawkwind - Do Not Panic
   L  4     Zones/Stonehenge CD
   L  4     The Stonehenge Collection
      5     Area S4 EP
      5     Alien4
   L  6     Theta Orionis [bootleg CD]
   L  7     Love In Space

        *   3 and 3a are from the same tour

  Nuclear Toy
      1     Weird 101 - Sonic Assasins/ Dave Brock
      2     Who's Gonna Win the War?/ Nuclear Toy 7"
      2     Levitation        [Griffin CD Only]
      2     Silver Machine CD [Spectrum compilation]

Who's Gonna Win The War?
   L  1     Weird 101 - Sonic Assasins/ Dave Brock
   L  1 a   Friends And Relations I
   L  1 a   Victoria double album
   L  1 a   Best of Hawkwind Friends & Relations CD [Flicknife]
   L  1 b   Night Of The Hawk
   L  1 b   Independent Days, Vol. I
   L  1 b   Independent Days Volumes 1&2 CD
   L  1 c   Who's Gonna Win the War?/ Time of 7"
   L  2     The Complete '79
   L  2 a   Live - St.Albans 1979
      3     Levitation
      3     Ironstrike
      3     Masters of The Universe [ Marble Arch Rock CD]
      3     Hawkwind Anthology triple CD box set [Castle Communications]
      3     25 Years On [Griffin 4-CD Set]
      3     Silver Machine CD [Spectrum compilation]
      3     Live Chronicles  [Castle 2CD bonus compilation disc]
      3 a   Who's Gonna Win the War?/ Nuclear Toy 7" [original release]
      3 a   Sonic Boom Killers
      3 b   Who's Gonna Win the War?/ Nuclear Toy 7" [rerelease]
   L  4     Hawkwind at Glastonbury 1981 [Cassette]
   L  4     The Hawkwind Collection
   L  4     Castle Masters Collection {The War}
   L  4     The Hawkwind Anthology Vol. I
   L  4     The Hawkwind Anthology 1967-1982 [Castle 2CD]
   L  4     Acid Daze Vol. I
   L  4     Space Is Deep
   L  4    Best of Hawkwind
   L  4   Live & Rare (Onward Flies The Bird)
   L  4   Master of the Universe [Pulse CD]
   L  4     Master of the Universe [Laserlight compilation CD]

        *   1a, 1b, and 1c are edits & remixes of 1
        *   2a is from the same tour as 2
        *   3a is an edit of 3
        *   3b is an edit of 3a
        *   the end of version 4 has been slightly cut short

  Assassination
      1     Weird 101 - Sonic Assasins {The Dream I;Assassination;The
Dream II}
      2     Church of Hawkwind              {Some People Never Die}
      2     Dave Brock & the Agents of Chaos CD
      2     Earthed to the Ground
      2     Epoch Eclipse 30 Year Anthology {Some People Never Die}

        *   2 is based on demo version 1

  The Phenomenon of Luminosity
   L  1     The Complete '79                           {Satellite}
      2     Church of Hawkwind  [LP and CD]
      2     Weird 101 - Sonic Assasins/ Dave Brock     {Satellite}