Offish: CDR clicks at track points

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Sun Feb 17 10:08:50 EST 2002

On Sun, 17 Feb 2002, Chris Gibbs wrote:

=> I had exactly that problem when I first started to copy commercial
=> CD's.  It is not a problem with commercial cd's it is buggy software.
=> I changed the program that actually writes the cd and the problem went
=> away.

Just to alert people of a potentially related problem, but certain
versions of Nero 5.5 have a bug when burning audio data.  The bug causes
the last frame of every audio track to be omitted.  This can lead to
clicks in the discs produced.  This bug only affects audio burning, not
data.  I don't know if it is fixed in 5.5 yet, but I hear Ahead finally
acknowledge the problem and are working on it.  I think earlier versions
of Nero are free of this problem.

=> I suggest you try cd writting software by adaptec (easycd)
=> or there was an EXCELLENT package on the net for Windows many years ago
=> called something like diskatonce or dao.   From what I remember you find
=> the app on the net then you need a key to unlock it...  The key was easy
=> to find...  Don't ask me now.

Instead of blagging keys and all that stupid guff, why not just use
Feurio!?  It is the most highly-rated Windows application for audio
burning.  (I hear lots of complaints about EZ-CD.)  Also, a lot of
people use EAC to burn CDs.  As you'd be using it to extract audio under
Windows, why not just stick with one program to do the lot?

=> But from what you say you need to change your writing software!

Or, more likely, just cut the raw audio on correct CD sector boundaries.

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa