OFF: 2001's Top 100

Frank Cinnella fcinnel1 at TAMPABAY.RR.COM
Thu Jan 3 18:18:06 EST 2002

K Henderson wrote:

> Hi Folks...
>
> Well, the end-of-year lists are out, and I was right!  I did actually
> purchase one CD from this year's Top 100 (unlike last year, when I struck
> out), according to Billbored, which I'm sure is Ameri-centric, but don't
> imagine that I could have had significantly more in any UK or Euro list.
>
> Well, I thought maybe I'd see Spiritualized appear, but nope.  Maybe they'd
> have made a UK list?  Sigur Ros is probably the third most (currently)
> popular group I've purchased.  After that, not even sure.
>
> Anyway, the one I got (of course) was Tool - Lateralus, which finished 47 in
> the final tally.  Seems so weird that this one album made such a big hit all
> by itself.  I guess it must be that it somehow received great
> behind-the-scenes promotion.  But why would the label have even tried with
> this band, given the complete lack of any other similar type of music
> selling anything in the general pop market these days?
>
> So here's the link to the list....it's a top 200 list, but for some reason
> you can only view the top 100.  Don't ask me why.

BTW, does anyone with an IQ over 30 own these albums???  Not only do I
only own the Tool album, which actually is good...but save for an old
vinyl Aerosmith of "Toys In the Attic", I haven't a solitary sound from
any of the other artists.  That is quite a difficult event also, as I am
proud possessor of over 2000 vinyl albums and 500+ CDs.  Also, the
reason for the misspelled names is that both the artist and listener
don't know how to spell, so it really makes no difference.
Frank