OFF: British Embassy in Russia and Festival

Alisa coral at APORT.RU
Tue Jul 9 06:01:10 EDT 2002

Hello all,

just got back from UK Embassy. Unfortunately it seems like I won't go to the
Festival because of decisions of Embassy.
All documents were made properly and I even had a personal invitation from
Kris Tait to Hawkwind Festival. Well, they looked through them and didn't
found any mistake. The old woman looking like Margaret Tatcher, who was
interviewing me even didn't know what to ask. Maybe she just doesn't know
what is Hawkwind. She just didn't believe me. So they didn't refuse me in
getting visa, no. They just appointed the second interview to bring
additional info on... August 9th! Can you imagine it? She saw that Festival
being held from 19 to 21 and they appointed this date anyway. What is this -
mockery of Embassy?
I've heard that British Embassy has direction not to let young pretty women
in UK.
What do you think about all these?

I'm really very disappointed.

Alisa