HW: Free Festivals

Alastair Sumner alastair_sumner at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 26 12:18:29 EDT 2002

I remember hearing that there were numerous sites around the surrounding
area and that ours was the biggest. There was some attempt at coordination
using guys on motorbikes. Mobile phones would have come in very handy then.
Once the walk to the stones began there were people coming from all over
the place. I don't think there was much of a party after we got back from
the stones, I think we got kicked off the site then. But up until the
solstice it was exciting to be there.

>Yes, I think you're right. My "peace and Shove" piece must describe
>the same thing you've uncovered from 1988. That fits in with me missing a
year at Glastonbury if I was at