HW: Cover Versions

Sun Jun 30 10:32:14 EDT 2002

On Sat, 15 Jun 2002, Michael W Blackman wrote:

> Well - cool!  So they have and done them better to boot!!  Whatever
> the second one is I have heard it.  I didn't know this at all.
>
> In a message dated Sat, 15 Jun 2002 02:58:22  AEDT, William Duffy <xl5 at IINET.NET.AU> writes:
>
> > > I bet they (sorry - ya'll) could do some wicked Floyd covers and make them
> > sound even better.
> >
> > They've done 2 already. Interstellar Overdrive & the one that's on the
> > remaster of the first album (title escapes me). I'd like to hear them to a
> > version of the UFO theme (which Alan has already done).

        The other one is `Cymbaline', and it's certainly spacier than the
Floyd version. There's something very perfect about the peace and timing
of the Floyd version that I don't think the HW version gets as near, but
it makes a lot more of the lyrics and eerieness. Yours,
                                                        Jon

ObCD: Pressurehed - _Sudden Vertigo_
--
"I recognise that I have transgressed many of the precepts of the divine
law, and that I am subjected by various vices and iniquities, disobedient

             (Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College London)