AS IF they will listen but every sig counts!

Duc De Montfort mikemontfort at YAHOO.COM
Sun Mar 31 12:00:44 EST 2002

Dear Friends,

I have just read and signed the online petition:

   "Petition to request  that Yahoo Inc reconsider their decision to charge
fees for pop mail, groups, and homepages"

Here is what I said:

++++++++++++++++

Your plan to charge for services is flawed for many reasons: 1) you do not
offer dial up service. 2) features such as web pages and email are
available elsewhere 3) the people who do stay on will NOT make up for lost
ad revenue. 4) it is borderline immoral to buy up all the competing
discussion group services and then begin to charge for the very free
services you removed from the marketplace. If you begin to charge me I will
simply close up my email and groups find alternatives.

Your policy of creating a Monopoly on the market in "groups" (by buying up
all your competitors) then charging for them is probably worthy of trust
busting investigations by the States Attorneys General. If I want to pay
for something I can join AOL which has a much larger community.

hosted on the web by PetitionOnline.com, the free online petition
service, at:

   http://www.PetitionOnline.com/11213/

I personally agree with what this petition says, and I think you might
agree, too.  If you can spare a moment, please take a look, and consider
signing yourself.

Best wishes,

Mike Montfort