OFF: Aural Innovations Radio: Portland, Oregon Special

Jerry Kranitz jkranitz at AURAL-INNOVATIONS.COM
Wed May 1 06:38:08 EDT 2002

http://Aural-Innovations.com

Announcements (May 1, 2002): We've just uploaded two new shows from Aural
Innovations Space Rock Radio and The Ear-Relevant Music Hoedown. See
playlists below. And don't forget the April 2002 issue of Aural Innovations
just went online last week and can be found at:
http://www.aural-innovations.com/issues/issue19/issue19.html

Before we get to the playlists there's some important concert information
you should be aware of:

Primordial Undermind tour schedule:

5/19: Wichita (Kirby's Beer Store)
5/20: Minneapolis (Soo Gallery w/Salamander)
5/21: Milwaukee (Reed St. Station)
5/22: Chicago (Hideout)
5/23: Detroit (C-Pop Gallery w/Wolf Eyes)
5/24: Cleveland (Pats in the Flats w/Fuzzhead)
5/25: (Rochester, NY (Analog Shock)
5/26: Easthampton, MA (Flywheel w/Son of Earth-Flesh on Bone
5/28: Boston (TT The Bears w/Major Stars)
5/29: NYC (Brooklyn) (Free103space w/Tono Bungay)
5/30: Philadelphia (Balcony @ Trocadero w/Third Troll)
5/31: Blacksburg, VA (The Cellar w/Gangloff All-Stars)
6/1: Nashville (Ruby Green w/Keenan Lawler)
6/2: Oklahoma City (Green Door)
6/3: Denton, TX (Mabel's w/Doko Demo Doa)

The Helio Sequence tour schedule:

4/26: Salt Lake City (Club X-scape - 9:30 curfew)
4/27: Denver (Bluebird Theatre)
4/29: Minneapolis (The Quest - 9:30 curfew)
4/30: Madison, WI (Barrymore Theatre)
5/2: Milwaukee, WI (The Rave 2)
5/3: Urbania, IL (Canopy Club)
5/4: Chicago (Double Door)
5/6: Grand Rapids, MI (The Intersection)
5/7: Indianapolis (Emerson Theatre)
5/8: St. Louis (The Galaxy)
5/10: Cleveland (Odeon Concert Club)
5/11: Royal Oak, MI (Royal Oak Theatre)
5/13: New Haven, CT (Toad's Place)
5/14: Boston (The Paradise Club)
5/16: Washington, DC (9:30 Club)
5/17: Philadelphia (Theatre of the Living Arts)

Aural Innovations Radio Show 46 Playlist: Space Rock, Psychedelia, and Cool
Indie Music from Portland, Oregon Special:

King Black Acid - "Haunted" (from The Mothman Prophecies)
Auditory Sculpture - "The Heist" (from Merge)
Dahlia - "Armageddon" (from Emotion Cycles)
Minmae - "Autumn Festival" (from My Quiet Life)
Hochenkeit - "Give Them To The Ants" (from omu4h 4aholab / 400 Boys)
The Helio Sequence - "My Heart" (from Com Plex)
Headscope - "Down On You" (from alpha_jerk)
Rollerball - "Narcisse" (from Trail Of The Butter Yeti)
Rick Bain and the Genius Position - "Magic Horse" (from Crooked Autumn Sun)
Greg Segal - "What Once Was Is" (from In Search Of The Fantastic)
Elemental - "Kozmotron" (from Thee Divine Imagination)
Jackie-O Motherfucker - "Something On Your Mind" (from Liberation)
Celesteville - "Waverly" (from Kohoutek)
Plus Portland, Oregon Tales of the Action Man

The Ear-Relevant Music Hoedown: Show 9 Playlist:
(Improv/Experimental/Avant-Garde show)

Biota - "Glazed Paper" (from Invisible Map)
Larry Marotta - "Dance Of The Cricket" (from St. Louis Needs More Robots)
Larry Marotta - "Cinnamon" (from Cinnamon!)
Bret Hart / Mika Rintala - "One" (from Aquariums I Have Been: Duets Vol 1)
Bruce Anderson, Dale Sophiea, Marc Weinstein, Jim Hrabetin - ""Brigid" (from
Strict)
Bruce Anderson - "Balkana" (from Brutality 2: Balkana)
Unstable Ensemble - "Creaking House" (from 17 Ways)
Hal McGee - "The Dog Bites Back" (from 1998)
Phloby Vs. C. Goff III - "Rude Rats / Ruffled Rabbits" (from Book Of All Things)
Dean Roberts - "A Yard Of Birds" (from IAMAPHOTOGRAPHER: A Tribute To
Antonioni's BLOW UP)
Elton Dean / Mark Hewins - "Merilyn's Cave" (from Bar Torque)

So head on over to http://Aural-Innovations.com and click on the Radio link
to listen.

And of course don't forget to check out the Aural Innovations CD mail order
catalog for all the best music you've never heard. You'll find it at:
http://aural-innovations.com/mailord/mailord.html