OFF: Lots of touring...Heavy man...

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Wed May 8 18:02:59 EDT 2002

On Wed, 8 May 2002 00:18:40 -0400, K Henderson <henderson.120 at OSU.EDU>
wrote:
>Hey Folks...
>
>Here's a few tour-date lists I compiled...
>
>Grakkl (FAA)
>
>ORANGE GOBLIN Dates...
>
>Date          City              Venue
   [snip]
>Tue 05/14/02  San Francisco, CA Covered Wagon

I'm going to try to make it to this one ... I'll post a report if I do
since it's ahead of the east coast dates ...

>MOTORHEAD (w/ Today is the Day - awful, and Speedealer - better)

Ha!  I remember when Today Is The Day were just another post-grunge band on
Amphetamine Reptile (haven't heard them since then).  I believe that
Speedealer are a local band (I've never seen 'em) ... if so, they were
originally named "REO Speedealer" until they were threatened with a
lawsuit ...

>Lemmy was playing a new Rickenbacker I'd never seen before...
>is this the new signature model?
>It was kinda wine-colored, not like the plain wood shade
>he always seemed to play before.  Sounded the same anyway...

I'm sure it would be (he was defintely playing it at the Brixton 25th
anniversary show, too):
http://www.pdfworld.co.jp/tyson/4004.htm
http://www.rickenbacker.com/us/4004lk.htm
http://www.edromanguitars.com/guitar/home_ric.htm (about halfway down)

And, yes, as I've promised, I'll post photos of mine if/when it ever
arrives ...

>PRIMORDIAL UNDERMIND
>(cool guitar-psych rock band now with Tom Carter from Mike Gunn)

The other band in this tour is the Davis Redford Triad, psychedelic rock of
a somewhat more experimental variety than the 'Undermind, led by Faust
guitarist Steven Wray Lobdell.  Highly recommended.

>Date           City             Venue
>Sun May 19     Wichita KS       Kirby's Beer Store
>Mon May 20     Minneapolis MN   Soo Gallery (w/ Salamander)
>Tue May 21     Milwaukee WI     Reed St. Station
>Wed May 22     Chicago IL       Hideout
>Thu May 23     Detroit MI       C-Pop Gallery (w/ Wolf Eyes)
>Fri May 24     Cleveland OH     Pats in the Flats (w/ Fuzzhead)
>Sat May 25     Rochester NY     Analog Shock
>Sun May 26     Easthampton MA   Flywheel (w/ Son of Earth, Flesh on Bone)
>Tue May 28     Boston MA        TT The Bears (w/ Major Stars)
>Wed May 29     NYC Brooklyn     Free103space
>Thu May 30     Philadelphia PA  Balcony @ Trocadero (w/ Third Troll)
>Fri May 31     Blacksburg VA    The Cellar
>Sat Jun 1      Nashville TN     Ruby Green (w/ Keenan Lawler)
>Sun Jun 2      Oklahoma City OK Green Door
>Mon Jun 3      Denton TX        Mabels (w/ Doko Demo Doa)

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com