OFF: NIK: Circle tour, GTP, etc.

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Mon May 13 23:05:14 EDT 2002

Hey Folks...for those in the UK, here are some interesting shows to look out
for. Can anybody tell me anything more about this 'Krautrock Festival'?

Grakkl (FAA)
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Circle concert dates:
UK tour dates announced!!:

June, 2002:
01.06 - Glasgow / 13th Note Cafe (UK)
02.06 - Newcastle / Cumberland Arms (UK)
03.06 - Leeds / ??? (UK)
04.06 - Manchester / ??? (UK)
05.06 - Birmingham / Flapper & Firkin (UK)
06.06 - Oxford / ??? (UK)
07.06 - London / Exeter Krautrock Festival (UK)
08.06 - London / Garage (UK)
09.06 - Brighton / Freebutt (UK)
Also,
13-14.07 - Joensuu / Ilosaarirock (Finland)

>From the potheadpixie list...

Elemental Productions presents:
Hi-Fi Sci-Fi from the Planet Gong
CIPHER & ZORCH

A Musical Evening of Deep Space Exploration
from Gongsters Theo Travis and Gwyo Zepix

CIPHER Theo with Dave Sturt (Jade Warrior)
Deep chill ambient with flute salad, wah-wah sax and bass
ZORCH Gwyo with Basil Brooks (Steve Hillage Band)
Electronic delights from the UK's original all synthesiser band

Psychedelic Visuals from Striking Lighting and Lizzard Projections

Friday 31st May 8pm
The Assembly Rooms Glastonbury
Tickets £7/£6 cons. Tel: 01458 834677

www.cipher.f9.co.uk
www.zorchmusic.com
www.assemblyrooms.org.uk

To view the gig poster online, browse to:
www.zorch.freeserve.co.uk/cipher_zorch.htm
and of course I would be remiss if I didn't mention...

GREASY TRUCKERS PARTY 2002 ON THE ROAD

WREXHAM CENTRAL STATION, HILL ST., WREXHAM
SATURDAY 18TH MAY @ 5PM

NOTE: EARLY START @ 5PM AS IT IS A LONG SHOW!!!!!

APPEARING: XHAWKWIND with Nik Turner, sax, vocals, flute; Ron Tree,
bass, vocals; Terry Ollis, drums/percussion; Sam Ollis,
drums/percussion; Mick Slattery, guitar; Thomas Crimble, bass; plus
guest musicians with XHawkwind - Commander Jim Hawkman, keyboards;
Adrian, congas and drums; Thomas Hewitt, guitar, and possibly
others!  There will be two drummers on stage a lot of the time, just
like the seventies... anything can happen!!!

Also appearing TRACTOR/THE WAY WE LIVE with Jim Milne, electro-
acoustic guitar, electric guitar/vocals; Steve Clayton, drums,
congas, percussion, and hopefully some guest flute from Nik Turner,
who has guested on some recent studio tracks!

Like all GREASY TRUCKERS PARTIES, BRING WHAT YOU EXPECT TO FIND AND
TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO COME!!!

MORE SURPRISES MAY BE ADDED TO THE SHOW, AND THERE IS AN AFTER-SHOW
PARTY WHERE XHAWKWIND AND TRACTOR MEMBERS WILL ALL JAM WITH MEMBERS
OF THE AUDIENCE [THIS IS SLIGHTLY RESTRICTED IN NUMBERS TO PEOPLE
BUYING THE EARLIEST TICKETS OR TRAVELLING THE FURTHEST DISTANCE]!

For further details, www.tractor-ozit.com, www.xhawkwind.com