HW: how long, how many, and why

Tom Clark tclark at PETRONET.NET
Tue Nov 12 20:24:47 EST 2002

*Hawkwind fan: Since 1978 after listening to Space Ritual and Spirit of the
Age.  One listen, and I was hooked.
 *how many CD's: most studio CD's - some offshoots, Calvert, Simon House,
Adrain Shaw, Turner.. - about 20 CD's and about 20 lp's.
 *collects live recordings and other Hawkwind junk: a few, but definitely
not "Bring me the Head of Yuri Gagarin.  At risk of blasphemy, I used it as
a frisbee because the sound quality hurt my ears, and was the first album I
heard that pissed me off.  I try to stay away from the compilations that
include the same material that I already have or is of poor quality.
*why a Hawkwind fan: They made it for people who get high, and it still
sounds great while not.  Great music to drive by.
*First album you picked up: Hawklords 1982
*Seen live how many times: twice, in 1989 in Long Beach and Hawkestra.
*Nik or Dave: Both.  I do not involve myself in personal disputes.