BOC Recommendations?

Nick English nick at THECOMPLETESHEET.COM
Thu Oct 17 18:46:05 EDT 2002

>Extra Terrestrial Live is a good showcase of BOC
>songs, although it omits
>Flaming Telepaths. The new DVD should be good too -
>mine should get here
>in the next couple of days
>
>Jeff

I would recommend Curse of the Hidden Mirror, but not as a primer.  It's certainly not indicative of the creative heights BOC has achieved musically or lyrically, but it's a damn good album, and I think it proves that BOC still has more to offer.

BTW. . . does anybody happen to know how BOC's last three albums, from HF to LDN, have fared commercially?  I know they weren't chart-toppers by any means, but I'm wondering if the new albums are making these guys money. . . which would in turn keep them recording, hopefully for a few more discs at least.

And who do we blame for "Pocket" not being a hit???  As a former on-air radio guy  (--currently writing for radio)  My humble opinion is that it really could have been a hit.  And was there ever even a second single???  I heard Pocket once, but never heard anything else.

--Nick