at alban-ee, watch the DVD, hear the CD! BOC.

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Thu Oct 24 13:05:10 EDT 2002

On 24 Oct 2002, at 12:34, Mike Montfort wrote:

>> Now on to the "Albany" (Clifton Park) concert.  No Bucks Boogie!?!
> Very strange.
>
> No set lists as I warned but the band was very tight. I was standing
> four people away from the stage and enjoyed seeing the band so close.
> Closest I have ever been except for one SWB show in SF but that was so
> long ago I really don't remember it that well.. LOL

Generally, the sound is better back by the board at a BÖC show.
But you want to see what bD's up to!

  Allan and Eric were
> playing a beautiful blue guitar (not at the same time of course) with
> a great airbrush painting of the BOC Cross with the reaper standing in
> front of it.  Sorry I don't know brand types by sight.

That would be an Eric bloom model by Harper.  EB has a couple of
them.  AL usually plays Fenders, a Lone Star Strat, or, lately, a 52
reissue Tele...

> Buck played a lot of stuff on a headless guitar as well as a white
> guitar with divots in it looking almost like Swiss cheese.

Uh, the white one is headless too, a 'cheeseburger' Steinberger.
BD's choice for many years now...

 I noticed
> also that Allan closes his eyes when he does the intro to Joan
> Crawford.

Ah, that explains it!

Dominance - Submission yea that too.  Godzilla/Reaper of
> course.  Lips in the Hills as one of the encores was an interesting
> choice which I very much enjoyed.

Not usually an encore, so yeah!  Not always in the set list, but it
does appear from time to time, kind of like Teen Archer.  Did they
do that one?

 New stuff was Perfect Water, See
> you in Black and Pockets.

Glad SYiB is back in the set...

> The mix was decent for Northern Lights but the keyboards were too low
> as usual.

Yeah, the sound there isn't great.  For some reason it's better
further back...

theo