HW:Nik/Farflung

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Sep 5 19:12:52 EDT 2002

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 18:35:45 EDT, Joe Loehr <JLoehr4299 at AOL.COM> wrote:
>In a message dated 9/4/02 9:02:14 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
>prabbit at GOWEBWAY.COM writes:
>> Regarding Nik's recent contributions, I have to second whoever (Eric
>> Segerman perhaps) mentioned that Nik's performance during Harvey's set at
>> the last Strange Daze was excellent.  Very melodic, moody and
>> atmospheric. He was even in-tune!  <snip>. . .
>>  . . .I've seen Nik many times when he was great, in good voice,
>> playing well, etc. but I've also seen him pretty untogether, out of tune,
>> forgetting lyrics <snip, snip> . . .
>
>Except for the forgetting lyrics part, ...

What about all those versions of "Ejection" where "Ejection" is the only
lyric from the chorus that Alan would sing (or would sing the first chorus
all 3 times)?  Not to mention numerous times that Bob would sing things ...
erm ... differently, but I prefer to think of that as "making up something
new as he goes along" (as with "Over The Top", for instance).  OTOH, Dave
does seem to have a mind like a steel trap when it comes to lyrics.  Better
than me, I've forgotten *plenty* of lyrics whilst onstage, ones that I
actually wrote, even!

> ... wasn't (and hasn't) the same been many times said about Hawkwind?

indeed :^) ...

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com