HW:Nik/Farflung

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Fri Sep 6 00:08:59 EDT 2002

Ah, ok.  I wasn't at either of them; I was just going by what I
recalled reading here.  Judging by what I've read before, though,
the point still holds.

I've never seen any *bad* HW gigs myself.  I don't know whether
that means that what I said is wrong, or that I've just been lucky.

Or maybe, when it comes to HW, I'm simply an uncritical listener
:-)  There are a couple I might have classed as mediocre if I'd
had some more "critical distance" (e.g. St. Catharines, 1991) but
at that point I hadn't seen them often enough to be anything less
than ecstatic about their mere presence (especially in my
unremarkable little home town :-)

Also the Hawkestra.  But as I've written before, a lot of that
was my own crappy mood on the day, and nothing to do with the
band.  Some people seem to agree that it wasn't so great a show,
but then others think it was awesome, so that one's a wash, I
guess.

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
[...] despite reports to the contrary, it is the rare programmer who
permanently loses his sanity while coding ("permanently" being the
operative word).
        - Eric E. Allen