FAO Hawkwind Band: NikWar Spam

Tue Sep 10 16:22:33 EDT 2002

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 05:57:18PM +0100, f. rat typed out:
> I quite take your point. Personally I probably wouldn't be too aggrieved
> to turn up to XHawkwind thinking they were "the real thing" (whatever
> that is I mean c'mon they probly get so spaced before gigs Dave can't
> tell himself from an implementation of Nik or even DikMik in the first
> place!!!!)

        I don't think Dave thinks drugs and work mix, now. There are some
quotes in the sort of interview at the Philm Freaks website which back
this up, have a sken at <http://www.ibiblio.org/mal/MO/philm/brocki/> and
see what I mean. Perhaps this was the problem with Ron, who can say.

        Having seen the Nikwind Hawkestra last year I was bloody
impressed, but mostly with the way it just about held together on what
was clearly minimal rehearsal. If that had been supposed to be Hawkwind
I'd be annoyed because I expect Hawkwind to be professional. They're both
good but in different categories (and they can both be terrible some
nights). There really isn't that much comparison. Yours,
                                                         Jon

ObCD: Wellwater Conspiracy - _Declaration of Conformity_
--
        Jonathan Jarrett                Birkbeck College, London
                 jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk