NIK: new album

Chris chris at HAWKLORD.UKLINUX.NET
Tue Sep 10 20:49:17 EDT 2002

Hi ya,

Sorry if there are multiple copies of this someone made my mailer go
insane for a bit.

You think Zones is bad?

I think its most excellent - one of best albums ever by anyone.

IHMO there is one Hawkwind album that stands head and shoulders below
every other Hawkwind album.   No I don't mean Text of Festival which is
almost my favorite Hawkwind album, or even the mess that is Yuri Gagarin
which has some most excellent moments.

I refer to Sonic Attack which at best can only be described as an
average heavy metal album, if I play it expecting Hawkwind I hate it.
If I play it expecting an average heavy metal band then its OK even
quite good in places but by Hawkwind standards its crap.   It just don't
fit in with anything they ever did in whatever state of mind they might
have been in...   Its embarassing.

But thats just my opinion.

Chris