NIK: new album

Alan Linsley alankerren at YAHOO.CO.UK
Wed Sep 11 13:54:58 EDT 2002

 --- Iain Ferguson <IainFerguson at AOL.COM> wrote: > I
Love Sonic Attack.......the tour was brilliant,
> the projections were
> awesome.....

My first HW gig - Sun 25th Oct 1981, Southampton,
Sonic Attack tour.  Couldn't believe what I was seeing
& hearing, just so damned good!  When they played
Magnu I was so happy i could have had an accident
right there n then.

>just about the whole album is brilliant apart from
the title track... never a favourite...

Don't think Moorcock was too happy about it either - i
read somewhere that he wanted to finally do his
version of it, and it was recorded, but then Brock put
Harvey's version on the LP instead.  Still, my
personal best of HW CDR-in-the-car has Lost Chances on
it & Transdimensional Man.  Masterpieces all.

> I even interviewd the band on Radio bristol b4 the
> show, amazing how
> nieve the questions are for a 16 year old <G>
> Got a recording somewhere, I'll try and dig it
> out....

When I did my naive teenage interview with Brock @
Guildford 1st night on the Black Sword tour I asked
him about drugs... "they are illegal you know" he said
in his best clipped 1950s radio announcer voice.

Still, nice to know I'm not the only Bristol resident
on this list.

AL