HW: Sonic Attack

David Blair drb.serendipity at DSL.PIPEX.COM
Thu Sep 12 12:08:11 EDT 2002

In article <3D80B7A8.3010104 at aol.com>, Iain Ferguson
<IainFerguson at AOL.COM> writes
>OI !!!,
>
>Leave ITBOTFTBD is a bloody great album... listen again with it loud and
>on the headphones....

Ah, that's why it sends me to sleep - didn't have it on loud enough!

>You just dont like the fact that its a far more
>dancey album.

Only if you dance in slow motion

> YOu must be old and with no taste <G>

I don't like it as it's incredibly repetitive and uninventive - tracks
that do everything they're going to do in the first minute, and then go
on for another 10 minutes of pointless meandering. Music to knit by.
When it came out, I thought maybe they hadn't had enough material for an
album so they'd just dragged everything out to extreme lengths to pad it
out.

That style has led to a strange phenomenon at every HW gig I've seen
where they play 'Space is Their Palestine' (And on the last tour, when
they did similar wittering in Angels of Death) - a large number of the
audience lose interest and start talking to each other, while the band
waffle for five minutes.

I think it's the worst album they've ever done, with only one saving
grace - Mr Brock plays some harmonica on Gimme Shelter. He's rather good
at that, wish he'd do it more often (Next tour please, on Hurry on
Sundown?)

(Then again, I think most of their output from the 90s sucks - the only
one I play regularly is Electric Tepee)

>Rocky Paths Rules, and Living on a knife end, AND dont forget Angels of
>Death...... ( now the projections for that were great If I  remember
>right <G>)
>
>Iain
>
>Michaelangelo68 at AOL.COM wrote:
>
>>IITBOTFTBD is 'It Is The Business Of The Future To Be Dangerous'.
>>Personally, I've always thought the 'Dangerous' should be replaced with
>>'Tedious'. Seriously boring album.
>>
>>Ah well, cant please everyone every time.  So do your thing and have fun doing
>it.  and fuck the rest.
>>Personally I would love to have a night of that album live tripping on some
>good clean acid.
>>yes indeed!
>>Creativity is the food for the soul - what does your taste like?

For me, the best HW album has to be Warrior.
--
David Blair