HW: Sonic Attack

Iain Ferguson IainFerguson at AOL.COM
Fri Sep 13 06:11:45 EDT 2002

David,
How rude <G>

Must admit, to disliking the Gimmie shelter tune, its the one that
doesnt fit on the album. I was so pleased that the band finally made
what I consider to be great album after a bunch that I personally didn't
get on with. It was with great relief that the repetitious nauture of
hawkwind's sound came back on that album. With the added dimention of a
more dancey feel to the tunes.

Must admit I love the forays into the trance music that the band do on
record and particularly live, Hassan, angels, even Lighthouse at the RFH
are superb. I would infact love to see them do a whole live set like
that, break  out of the mould for a while. I'm really hoping that with
Richard moving to sequencers, drum machines and lord knows what other
rythmn equipement the band may take on a more dance feel, or at least
have the ability to go and do some shows specifically orientated towards
a new audience with some hardcore Gabba Techno Hawkwind stylee !!!

Just imagine Creamfields, Glastonbury Dance tent , or the Big Chill
 with 10,000 e'd up kiddies leaping around to Trance Hawkwind in full
effect!, with a light show too boot..  Ahh the dreams.... the dreams.....

regards
Iain