BOC: A Long Day's Night DVD track listing

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Fri Sep 13 13:14:04 EDT 2002

On 13 Sep 2002, at 10:46, Brian Halligan wrote:

> This is slightly old news from http://www.blueoystercult.com , but I
> haven't seen it posted here yet.
>
> > A Long Day's Night" DVD / VHS track list is:

SNIP

> So Joan Crawford was dropped from both the DVD and CD, with Astronomy
> being a CD-only track. At least Joan is on ETI, maybe that had
> something to do with it being expendable (although I'd much rather see
> Burnin' For You given a rest.)

Yep, give it a rest from the live setlist too...

> Of course, even though the track list is impressive and includes
> rarities like Quicklime Girl and Perfect Water, there are many other
> songs the BOC of today could have nailed for this DVD.

And, esp., given that Flaming Telepaths is apparently DVD-only, the
CD will have a gaping hole in it!

> The ones I'd love to see:
>
> The Vigil (!!!)
> See You In Black

Big Time!  I saw it live a couple years back, and the song was great
as alive tune...

> The Old Gods Return

I think they did this last year at Northern Lights?  A great live tune
also...

> Heavy Metal (The Black & Silver)
> Black Blade
> Take Me Away
>
> Any more?

Teen Archer!  Only seen by me once in concert, and it's one of
BÖC's best.  This may be the last chance we get for live versions of
the old favorites.  I wish they'd issued a double CD and included
EVERYTHING.  Would not have been a difficult project to arrange...

theo