BOC: A Long Day's Night DVD track listing

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Fri Sep 13 10:46:47 EDT 2002

This is slightly old news from http://www.blueoystercult.com , but I haven't
seen it posted here yet.

> A Long Day's Night" DVD / VHS track list is:
>
> Stairway to the Stars, Burnin' For You, O.D.'d on Life, E.T.I., Dance on
> Stilts, Harvester of Eyes, Buck's Boogie, Quicklime Girl, Flaming Telepaths,
> Harvest Moon, Last Days of May, Cities on Flame, ME 262, Perfect Water, Lips
> in the Hills, Godzilla, (Don't Fear) The Reaper, Dominance & Submission, The
> Red & The Black.
>
> The CD includes 12 of the above tracks, and adds "Astronomy," which is not on
> the DVD.
>
> The DVD also includes interviews with the band and fans, footage from
> backstage and soundcheck, etc.

And earlier on the site:

> Recorded for the possible inclusion on the DVD were: Stairway to the Stars,
> Burnin' for You, OD'd on Life Itself, E.T.I., Dance on Stilts, Harvester of
> Eyes, Buck's Boogie, Mistress of the Salmon Salt, Flaming Telepaths, Harvest
> Moon, Last Days of May, Joan Crawford, Cities on Flame, ME 262, Perfect Water,
> Lips in the Hills, Godzilla, (Don't Fear) the Reaper, Astronomy, Dominance &
> Submission and The Red & the Black.

So Joan Crawford was dropped from both the DVD and CD, with Astronomy being
a CD-only track. At least Joan is on ETI, maybe that had something to do
with it being expendable (although I'd much rather see Burnin' For You given
a rest.)

Of course, even though the track list is impressive and includes rarities
like Quicklime Girl and Perfect Water, there are many other songs the BOC of
today could have nailed for this DVD.

The ones I'd love to see:

The Vigil (!!!)
See You In Black
The Old Gods Return
Heavy Metal (The Black & Silver)
Black Blade
Take Me Away

Any more?

I'm really looking forward to these releases--almost as much as I did for
Heaven Forbid. The BOC of today is so different from Live '76, or even Black
& Blue, that it really needed this video documentation. Or rather, I really
needed it. :-)

Brian
OBsong> Joan Crawford on ETI