HW - Hawkestra recordings....

Maxine Wesley maxine.wesley at PORT.AC.UK
Fri Sep 13 05:48:47 EDT 2002

Greetings earthlings, i have returned!

So 'que pasa'?

I took a years sabbatical to do some sailing/travelling (which was nice!),
spent alot of time prior to leaving preparing to leave so never got round
to securing myself a copy of the Hawkestra evening in it's totality. (and
so my mail box wasn't 8 miles long when I got back, unsubscribed from boc-
l.)

I heard (at the Hawkfest)that Nik has snaffled (safe description?) the
official recordings and as such they are not due for release.
I think personally that it is despicable that the fans (me) should suffer
due to any legal wrangling... i mean why doesn't 'someone' release the
recording & argue about who gets the profits later...

..So a girl has to go to desperate measures and sell her soul on listserv
in the hope that someone might be able to stump up a copy of the night
(bootleg?). I enjoyed that night so much I still smile about it 2 years on!

I have been offered some of 'reasonable' quality (Scott H's) but would
obviously be interested if someone else is harbouring a really decent
recording of the whole night (a copy of the official recording would be
extra special but now I am pushing it!!??).

Can't remember if I posted after Hawkfest but just wanted to say that I
really enjoyed it, musically it was never going to hit the heady heights of
Hawkestra/Brixton xmas 2000 but I guess that wasn't what the event was
really about - the best part was meeting the folk  ( a few from the list,
the guys from Strange Trips (like groovy man!!)).. an opportunity
to 'mingle' with the band members and finally coming face to face with my
doppelganger (she drinks alot and gets me a bad reputation, but that's
another story..)

"head babies rubber"

Maxine