OFF: Djam Karet

Jerry Kranitz jkranitz at AURAL-INNOVATIONS.COM
Fri Sep 13 05:07:37 EDT 2002

>Gahhhh! What a fantastic couple of compilations are Djam Karet's "A
Beginner's >Guide, Volume I" and "...II."

I'll heartily second Kevin's recommendation to check out Djam Karet. They
are excellent. There are two sides to the band, one a heavy rock spacey
style of prog rock, but they also do these killer drifting space ambient
excursions. I got to see them live a couple weeks ago at the ProgDay
festival and they were great, though they focused more on the rockin stuff.
I'd like to get them into a hall with solid acoustics so they can rock out
and do the more exploratory ambient stuff.

Jerry