Off: Beer (was: Absinthe)

Sun Sep 15 11:38:27 EDT 2002

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Doug Pearson wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Aug 2002 19:58:28 +0100, Jon Jarrett
> <jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:
> >... I
> >pause only to note that Youngs appears to get to the US without serious
> >damage and Landlord won't go more than fifty miles without becoming
> >furniture polish, and leave it there :-)
>
> And I'll pause to note that there's a bottle of Young's Ramrod waiting for
> me in the fridge at home (was tempted to pick up an Old Nick, but I enjoy
> barleywine much more in cold weather than warm).  And I still have at least
> three more hours here at work ... *sigh* ...

        Got my first Ramrod in months the other day; the fools appear to
be rebranding the entire bottled range with subtle watercolour-like
artwork rather than the good bold labels they used to have but thankfully
the beer is the same. I don't know, I can't find it anywhere in Cambridge,
in Brighton the newsagent at the end of Sherman's street has it and
Fuller's London Porter in the fridge. Bah. Or Baa.

        Do I have anything on-topic to add? Only that the Pink Fairies
remasters really are quite nice once you have them on loud enough, and is
it my imagination or is Paul Rudolph playing through a Leslie speaker on
the bonus version of `Walk Don't Run'? Yours,
                                              Jon

ObCD: Pink Fairies - _What a Bunch of Sweeties_
--
"I recognise that I have transgressed many of the precepts of the divine
law, and that I am subjected by various vices and iniquities, disobedient

             (Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College London)