(Fwd) BOC NewsWire message

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Fri Sep 20 09:28:39 EDT 2002

On 20 Sep 2002, at 9:09, Brian Halligan wrote:

> > 19 - Utica, NY - RnR Preserve
> >
> > Brian, are you up for this one?
>
> Yeah! I had a great time at the last BOC gig they played there.

Dec. '96, right?  I was there.  Can't wait!

> > Next Tuesday the new Live CD is released. "A Long Day's Night" will
> > include these tracks: Burning For You Dance On Stilts Harvester Of
> > Eyes Buck's Boogie Flaming Telepaths Harvest Moon Godzilla Don't
> > Fear The Reaper Dominance & Submission Red & The Black Astronomy
>
> Sounds cool. Now we can burn a comp CD composed entirely of official
> live versions of the Big 3.
>
> (I love that there's a place for sarcasm and cynicism in BOC fandom.
> Thank you BOC-L!)

Hey, we BÖC fan's have had our hearts broken more times than a
Soap diva.  We kid because we care!

> > Still no live version of
> > Stairway.
>
> There's always Live '76, though yeah I know what you mean.

Yeah, but I was hoping for a better sounding one.  But we can
record off the DVD, I guess...

> > Harvest Moon and Buck's Boogie will be welcome, and of
> > course Astronomy.
>
> I agree with Harvest Moon. I'm getting a little tired of Buck's Boogie
> though,

As far as a concert tune, I agree.  But it will be good having a great
recorded version finally...

 and would be shocked if this version of Astronomy is better
> than the one on SEE.

That will be hard to beat, for sure...

theo