(Fwd) BOC NewsWire message

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Fri Sep 20 09:09:27 EDT 2002

> 19 - Utica, NY - RnR Preserve
>
> Brian, are you up for this one?

Yeah! I had a great time at the last BOC gig they played there.

FYI for NYC listers:
The Bevis Frond is playing The Knitting Factory with The Lucky Bishops and
The Alchemysts on October 10th as a warm up for Terrastock V. If any of you
go and happen to see a short, red haired guy in his mid 20s come over and
say hi.

> Next Tuesday the new Live CD is released. "A Long Day's Night" will
> include these tracks: Burning For You Dance On Stilts Harvester Of
> Eyes Buck's Boogie Flaming Telepaths Harvest Moon Godzilla
> Don't Fear
> The Reaper Dominance & Submission Red & The Black Astronomy

Sounds cool. Now we can burn a comp CD composed entirely of official live
versions of the Big 3.

(I love that there's a place for sarcasm and cynicism in BOC fandom. Thank
you BOC-L!)

> Thankfully, we'll
> finally get a legit live version of Flaming Telepaths--that should be
> worth the price of the disc in itself.

Absolutely. I'm having a vision...Halloween...strobe lights...Flaming
Telepaths on the stereo. Ooh, nice.

> Notice the omission of
> TCtLDoM?  I think it'll be on the DVD, though.

For you DVD experts out there, is it possible to save a DVD track as a
sound-only MP3?

> Still no live version of
> Stairway.

There's always Live '76, though yeah I know what you mean.

> Harvest Moon and Buck's Boogie will be welcome, and of
> course Astronomy.

I agree with Harvest Moon. I'm getting a little tired of Buck's Boogie
though, and would be shocked if this version of Astronomy is better than the
one on SEE.

Brian