BOC - Equipment

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Mon Sep 23 08:01:37 EDT 2002

On 21 Sep 2002, at 10:54, dhuggins wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I have not been a big BOC fan in the past, but I'm finally seeing the
> light.  Picked up Live ET, and it positively smokes.
>
> What I really would like to know is what gear, guitar-wise, they were
> using at that time.  Especially the one doing most of the leads (Buck
> D. I assume?)  Does anyone know what pedals and amps he was using?  I
> love the sound: hard edged, but sweet with a singing quality.
> Crunchy, yet articulate enough so you can pick out every note in a
> chord, with leads to kill.

I'm pretty sure that BD was still using his Giuliano Vulcan at the
time, with a Les Paul as a backup.  He had a bunch of stuff stolen a
while back, so the time frame is somewhat critical.  Back then,
Buck changed amps a lot, but I'm pretty sure he was using Boogies
around that time.  Possibly Marshalls.  Not a lot of outboard gear,
maybe just a little delay.  In the '90s, he used an ART power Plant
as a preamp, but I don't think he had that unit for ETL--probably just
the Boogie's natural distorion.

theo